Woman sought following sexual assault in Liverpool city centre

Detectives have issued CCTV images of a woman who could have information that may assist with their enquiries following a report of sexual assault in Liverpool city centre. 

At around 1am on Sunday, 29 October, it was reported that an 18-year-old woman was allegedly touched inappropriately by another woman in the outdoor smoking area on the first floor of 24 Kitchen Street in Baltic Triangle.

Extensive CCTV and witness enquiries have been conducted, and detectives have issued CCTV images of a woman they believe could assist in their investigation.

Detective Inspector Neil Dillon said, “We take reports of sexual assault very seriously, and we are very keen to speak with the woman featured in the image to help with our enquiries.

“This was a traumatic experience for the victim, and we are working hard to ensure that the person responsible is identified.

“I am also appealing to the woman featured in this image, or anyone who recognises her to please contact us. We believe she could hold information that could be vital to our continuing enquiries.”

If you have any information please contact @MerPoLCC or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 with reference 23001070862.

Anyone with information or wants to report a sexual offence is asked to call 101 where you will be spoken to by specially trained officers or you can pass information to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. 

Support for victims is also available through the registered charity the Rape and Sexual Abappealuse Support Centre Cheshire and Merseyside, who can be contacted on 01925 221 546 or 0330 363 0063 or Rape and Sexual Assault Merseyside (RASA) on 0151 558 1801. In an emergency, always call 999. 

For women who have felt or feel unsafe in public spaces the Home Office has set up a pilot service (StreetSafe | Police.uk (www.police.uk )  for anyone to anonymously report public places where they have felt or feel unsafe, because of environmental issues, eg street lighting, abandoned buildings or vandalism and/or because of some behaviours, eg being followed or verbally abused. 

Please note: ‘StreetSafe’ is not for reporting crime or incidents. 

If something has happened to you or someone you know (including in public spaces online) you can call 101 or find out what online reporting services are available at StreetSafe | Police.uk (www.police.uk

Image: Merseyside Police

Why not follow birkenhead.news on Facebook, Twitter, and Threads? You can also send story ideas or letters to the editor to news@birkenhead.news