The organisers of a Wirral classical music festival have been blown away by the response to its third festival, which takes place at venues across Wirral this weekend.
Wirral Chamber Music Festival Artistic Director Thelma Handy said she was thrilled by the public response to the community-based concerts, “We took a risk this year by expanding our programme.
“We open on Friday with an upbeat concert from a trail-blazing vocal ensemble and we are also very fortunate to host international guitar stars The Katona Twins in Eastham on Saturday evening.
“We are so pleased that the Wirral community has been so supportive of these local concerts.”
Musicians from the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra will perform alongside world-class musicians living locally and visiting international artists at six concerts in venues across the Wirral from Friday 30 June – Sunday 2 July.
The festival will also showcase young local talent in two concerts and includes a family concert for all ages.
Children are free at all concerts and £1 from every ticket sold is donated to Claire House. Although tickets are selling fast, there are still spaces left at these fantastic events.
Full details and tickets are available at wirralchamberfest.co.uk
- Kantos Chamber Choir – Friday 30 June, 7.30pm, St Andrew’s Church, West Kirby. Tickets £0 – £18.50, including interval drink
- Youth String Quartet Academy – Saturday 1 July, 11.30am, Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead. Tickets £0 – £10
- Eastham Carnival pop-up concert, Saturday 1 July, 2pm, Eastham Village, free entry
- The Katona Twins: From Handel to Hollywood – Saturday 1 July, 7.30pm, St Mary’s Church, Eastham. Tickets £0 – £20, including interval drink
- Family Concert: The Music Monster – Sunday 2 July, 11.30am, Gladstone Village Hall, Burton. Tickets £0 – £10
- Wirral Youth Brass – Sunday 2 July, 2,30pm Woodside Ferry Village, free entry
- Schubert’s Trout Quintet and The Lark Ascending – Sunday 2 July, 7pm. Christ Church, Port Sunlight. Tickets £0 – £20, including interval drink
Image: The Katona Twins