The football pitches at the brand-new ‘Activity for All’ centre have opened today, Wednesday 2nd December, with the rest of the facilities at the Upton based centre opening in January 2021.
Activity for All is a Community Interest Company established in 2004 with one sole objective – to increase participation in physical activity for all ages.
Their team of teachers, coaches, instructors, leaders, and other stakeholders target is to encourage participation so everyone can enjoy the lifelong health benefits of regular exercise.
The new centre at Upton has three 4G football pitches for junior and adult 5-a-side, plus an affiliated 5-a-side pitch sanctioned by Cheshire FA for U7s and U8 teams and perfect for adult 7-a-side too.
Football training and matches are not the only footballing activities that the site will host; this weekend Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December, they will be offering free taster sessions of their tots training and football skills academy for children aged 18 months – 11 years. Sessions last for 45 minutes and are split into four categories:
- Diddies (18 months – 2½ years) 9:00-9:45am
- Minis (2½ – 3½ years) 9:45-10:30am
- Stars (3½ – 5 years) 10:30-11:15am
- Superstars (5-11 years) 11:15-12:00pm
Prior to the centre opening fully in January, there will also be a Christmas holiday/winter sports camp running from Monday 21st – Wed 23rd December where 5 – 11 year olds will be entertained and kept active with a mixture of sports including football, dodgeball, cricket, rounders and volleyball. With the option of wrap-around care available, it’s ideal for those parents who still need to work after schools have broken up.
In readiness for the second phase of opening, construction has recently begun on the three-tier Soft Play area which has a dedicated toddler area. The Climbing Walls and High Ropes Course – which will be welcome additions to the area as there is nothing of the like nearby – also start installation this week.
The centre will also have a dedicated Health & Wellbeing Room which will host classes such as yoga and will be available for hire to private class leaders for their own sessions.
After school clubs will also feature once the centre is fully open from January and will run daily during term time entertaining kids with a variety of different sporting activities.
- 4G football pitches are now completed and are open
- There are three training pitches for junior and adult 5-a-side, plus an affiliated 5-a-side pitch sanctioned by Cheshire FA for U7s and U8 teams and perfect for adult 7-a-side too.
- Tots Training & Football skills academy running Sat & Sun mornings for children aged 18 months – 11 years and Activity for All are running free taster sessions for them on Sat 5th & Sun 6th December.
- Christmas holiday/winter sports camp running Mon 21st – Wed 23rd December with wrap around care available so great for parents who still need to work after schools have broken up.
- After school clubs to run daily during term time from January.
As well as the activities provided at their own sports centres in Wirral, Liverpool, and Holywell, they also work with over 300 schools across North West England and North Wales, over 150 businesses, NHS trusts, local sports clubs, colleges and community groups and have their own full-time study programme for 16-19 year olds. www.activityforall.com
Activity For All, Arrowe Park Business Park, CH49 1AB
Image credit: Walltopia for climbing walls & The Soft Brick Company for soft play.