Two jailed for robbery in Ellesmere Port that left man with lifelong injuries

Two people involved in a robbery in Ellesmere Port that left a man with lifelong injuries have been jailed.

Carl Jardine, of Egremont, forced his way into the 23-year-old man’s home on Victoria Street claiming to be ‘police’.

He was accompanied by 27-year-old Wesley Sherlock, of Wallasey, who was sentenced to 12 years for robbery and hitting the victim in the face with a gin glass.

Both Jardine, aged 32, and Sherlock were seen on CCTV footage running away from the property with stolen items including a games console, designer handbag and a watch.

Waiting for the pair in a black BMW was Lucy Riley, of Corporation Road in Birkenhead, who drove them away from the scene.

The 26-year-old was found guilty of robbery following a one-day trial at Chester Crown Court. She was sentenced to four years in prison.

Jardine pleaded guilty to robbery and received a sentence of 10 years.

The pair were sentenced at Chester Crown Court on Wednesday 24 November. Sherlock was sentenced at the same court on Thursday 20 February 2020. 

The robbery took place on Thursday 1 December 2019.

The victim was grabbed by the coat and told to lie on his stomach and put his hands behind his back.

While he lay on the floor, his watch was stolen from his wrist and he could hear the rooms in his house being searched.

As he lay on the floor he was bleeding heavily from his face but unable to move.

He was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital by ambulance and police were called.

Detective Constable Chris O’Connor, from Ellesmere Port Policing Unit, said, “The CCTV footage used as part of the evidence was crucial in identifying and capturing the movements of all three individuals involved in this robbery. 

“I’m pleased the jury found Riley complicit in the robbery. She could be seen waiting inside her car ready for the pair to finish the robbery so she could assist them in making a quick getaway.

 “Sherlock and Jardine’s attack on the victim was vicious and nasty. It left him with significant facial injuries which will forever remind him of what took place in his own home.

“Justice has now been served for him.”

Why not follow on Facebook and Twitter? You can also send story ideas to

Tap or click the button to like us on Facebook

Tap or click the button to follow us on Twitter
Have you got a Wirral story? Email

Latest news