Tranmere Rovers will finally welcome their “12th man” back to Prenton Park on Thursday when more than 3000 fans will be allowed in the ground for the Sky Bet League Two Play-Off first leg against Morecambe. To ensure fans can support the team safely, Wirral Council and the Club are asking anyone attending the game to add a symptom-free test to their pre and post-match routines. Symptom-free testing helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as some people with the virus don’t get symptoms but can still spread it to others.
Supporters attending the game are encouraged to take a symptom-free test within 24 hours of attending to help reduce the risk of any potential spread of COVID-19. In addition to this, fans are also asked to take a test two days and five days after attending the match, to ensure that cases of COVID-19 can be identified early to prevent further spread, and help fans get into the habit of twice weekly testing.
Anyone attending the game can get a test with the help of our staff or collect a home testing kit from our symptoms-only testing centres at:
- Former House of Fraser Building, Grange Road, Birkenhead – Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:15pm, Saturday, 9am to 2:15pm, Closed Sunday
- Floral Pavilion, New Brighton – Monday to Friday, 10:30am to 6:15pm, Saturday and Sunday, 10:30am to 2:15pm
- Mobile testing vehicles – on Thursday 20 May from 9am to 5pm at Tesco Heswall, Greasby Library, Birkenhead Park and Bebington Oval (subject to weather conditions)
Testing kits are also available from over 80 pharmacies in Wirral and many council buildings. See website for details www.wirral.gov.uk/test
When travelling to and from the stadium or socialising before the match, supporters are asked to be considerate of others and follow the guidelines – remember hands, face, space and fresh air.
*Fans who do not have a valid ticket for the game are asked NOT to attend the ground.
Anyone self-isolating for whatever reason, should not attend the match, this includes;
- If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- Someone in your household has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
- If you or anyone in your household has recently returned from any country on the red or amber travel list in the last 10 days
Symptom-free test kits can be collected from local testing centres, local pharmacies, some Council buildings including libraries and leisure centres as well as from our mobile testing vehicles when they are out and about in Wirral. To keep up-to-date with the latest dates and locations visit: COVID-19 tests for people who do not have symptoms | www.wirral.gov.uk
If you’re aged 36 or over, or if you turn 36 before 1 July 2021, you can now book your COVID-19 vaccine. To get your jab at Clatterbridge Vaccination Centre visit: https://t.co/mi7ZwEiutS?amp=1 or call 119. Alternatively, you can wait to be contacted by your GP.