The Royal Mail has today released eight Christmas 2020 Special Stamps that “showcase the magical and meaningful stained-glass art adorning windows of Anglican churches across the country.”
The stamps, which go on sale today, feature six windows from churches in counties including Leicestershire, Norfolk and Yorkshire.
Each of the stamps depict a scene from the nativity of the baby Jesus and his mother.
Head of stamp strategy at the Royal Mail, Philip Parker said: “Our beautiful Christmas stamps feature the Nativity, as told through the artistry of different styles of stained-glass windows.”
Church windows that feature on the stamps include:
- Christ Church, Coalville, Leicestershire
- St Andrew’s Church, East Lexham, Norfolk
- St Andrew’s Church, Coln Rogers, Gloucestershire
- Church of St James, Hollowell, Northamptonshire
- All Saints’ Parish Church, Otley, West Yorkshire
- St Columba’s Church, Topcliffe, North Yorkshire
The stamps will be available in 7,000 post offices across the UK and online.
You can buy the stamps at these Birkenhead Post Offices:
- Birkenhead – 37 Borough Pavement, The Grange Shopping Centre, Birkenhead, Merseyside. CH41 2XX Branch details
- Birkenhead Hamilton Square – 29-31 Market Street, Birkenhead Hamilton Square, Birkenhead, Merseyside. CH41 5BS Branch details
- Oxton Village – 23-25 Rose Mount, Oxton, Prenton, Merseyside. CH43 5SG Branch details
- Tranmere – Unit 5 Newmarket Square, Old Chester Road, Birkenhead, Merseyside. CH42 3TD Branch details
Main image credit: Royal Mail