Merseytravel has said that the Queensway Tunnel, between Birkenhead and Liverpool, will be closed in both directions tonight to allow for planned maintenance work to be carried out.
The Queensway Mersey Tunnel will be closed to all traffic on the following nights whilst essential maintenance work is carried out:
- from 2100 on Monday 22 February to 0630 Tuesday 23 February
There will be a complete closure
- from 2000 on Tuesday 23 February to 0630 Monday 1 March
- from 2100 on Monday 15 March to 0630 Tuesday 16 March
- from 2100 on Tuesday 16 March to 0630 Wednesday 17 March
- from 2100 on Wednesday 17 March to 0630 Thursday 18 March
- from 2100 on Thursday 18 March to 0630 Friday 19 March
The above information is currently correct but closures may be subject to change.
The Kingsway (Wallasey) Tunnel will remain open.