Liverpool man charged with two counts of rape

A man has been charged with two counts of rape and other offences following an investigation into two incidents last month in Liverpool.

Ewan Blair, 20, of Liverpool, has been charged with rape of a woman aged 16 years or over and assault by beating following an incident on Tuesday 19 September at an address on Vauxhall Road.

He has also been charged with a further count of rape of a woman aged 16 years or over, as well as false imprisonment, assault by beating and non-fatal strangulation following a separate incident on Saturday 30 September at an address on Brownlow Hill.

Blair appeared at Wirral Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday 3 October where he was remanded in custody to next appear at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday 31 October.

The two women continue to receive support from specialised officers.

Detective Inspector Carla Cross said, “We urge anyone who is a victim of any form sexual abuse to please report this to police, as we have specially trained officers who will treat you with sensitivity and compassion.

“We take all such reports extremely seriously, and in addition, work with partner organisations such as Victim Care Support Service and RASA who are there to support victims of this crime.”

To report a sexual offence call 101 where you will be spoken to by specially trained officers or you can pass information to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. 

If you’ve been affected by sexual violence of any kind, support is available through the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Victim Care Merseyside service  delivered jointly by two registered charities.

In Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral, support is provided by Rape and Sexual Abuse Support (RASA) Merseyside  who are available on 0151 558 1801 and, in St Helens and Knowsley, by the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) Cheshire and Merseyside  who can be contacted on 01925 221 546 or 0330 363 0063.

For women who have felt or feel unsafe in public spaces the Home Office has set up a pilot service (StreetSafe | ( )  for anyone to anonymously report public places where they have felt or feel unsafe, because of environmental issues, eg street lighting, abandoned buildings or vandalism and/or because of some behaviours, eg being followed or verbally abused. 

Please note: ‘StreetSafe’ is not for reporting crime or incidents. If something has happened to you or someone you know (including in public spaces online) you can call police on 101 or find out what online reporting services are available at StreetSafe | ( ).

Why not follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Threads? You can also send story ideas or letters to the editor to