Over the last month, members of the public have been voting for their Hidden Gem as part of the Liverpool City Region Tourism Awards 2023.
The Hidden Gem category celebrates the region’s best-kept secrets and puts them in the tourism spotlight. Gems may be attractions, bars, restaurants, tours, or natural assets which are off the main tourism trail.
The winner will be revealed at the awards ceremony at Liverpool Cathedral on Thursday, 29 February 2024.
Janet Nuzum, Sector Manager for Visitor Economy at Growth Platform – Liverpool City Region Growth Company, who organise the awards, said, “The Hidden Gem category is the only category in the Tourism Awards which is voted for by the general public and we are delighted that this year we received a record number of votes with over 100 businesses nominated in this initial round.
“This demonstrates the breadth of truly fantastic tourism hidden gems we have across the Liverpool City Region.”
The Hidden Gem finalists are:
- Gin Journey – A tour to discover Liverpool’s rich past, with a delicious drink in your hand to bring it all to life
- Glass Onion – Veggie/vegan café serving delicious fresh homemade food and cakes in Allerton
- Hop/Scotch – An independent whisky bar tucked away down an unassuming staircase in Liverpool’s Fabric District
- Lake House Waterloo – A stunning restaurant serving delicious, locally sourced menus at the water’s edge of the marine lake in Crosby
- Red Brick Market – An independent Market in Liverpool’s Baltic district with over 50 businesses under one roof
- Reel Tours – Walking tour in which you will visit many prominent film locations that have made the city so synonymous with moviegoers worldwide
- Season Coffee, Bar & Kitchen – A cosy, relaxed venue offering a range of food and drink that uses only produce from other local independent businesses in Southport
- The Bus Yard – Two converted double decker buses operating in Crosby Marina, Liverpool ONE Chavasse Park and other pop-up locations
- The Danny – An Art Deco steamship, rescued by the passion and skill of a volunteer force who run the project and operate the vessel today
- Tik Taco – A cantina serving locally sourced fresh, vibrant authentic Mexican food in Southport
To vote for your favourite click here Voting will close at midnight on Friday, 12 January 2024.
Tickets for the awards ceremony are on sale now and can be purchased here
Image: Hidden Gem Winner 2022 – Southport Bijou Cinema