At around 9.30am on Wednesday 6 October, officers executed two Misuse of Drugs Act warrants at addresses on Mackenzie Road, Leasowe.
CBD oil and cannabis chocolate was seized, as well as a large quantity of cash.
A 39-year-old man at the address was issued with a community resolution and will attend a police station for interview.
In a second incident, as part of a different matter, Officers also searched an address in Clarence Road, Seacombe and recovered a cannabis crop inside the address and 2 imitation firearms.
A video in which where Matt Brown explains how you can spot signs of cannabis being grown in properties can be seen below.
Some of the signs that cannabis is being grown are:
• Strange smells and sounds
• Frequent and varied visitors to a property, often at unusual times
• Gardening equipment being taken into a property, such as plant pots, fertiliser, fans and industrial lighting
• Windows are sealed and covered or the curtains are permanently closed
• Heat from an adjoining property
• Birds gathering on a roof in cold weather
• Individually these activities may seem commonplace, however, together may indicate something more sinister
If you have information about suspected storage or supply of drugs in your community, please contact police via our social media desk via Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’.
You can also pass information anonymously via the independent charity @CrimestoppersUK anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their website here: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/give-information-anonymously
Image : GOOGLE