Birkenhead’s Future Yard has spaces available on its New Noise Youth Programme and the team is looking to get young people in the Birkenhead area excited about playing music together.
The aim of New Noise is to support the next generation of music makers. This is a space for young people aged 11-16 to experiment across a range of instruments and music-making techniques with Future Yard’s team of highly experienced and passionate tutors.
Held at Future Yard on Saturday daytimes, the New Noise Music Centre will include:
- Large group sessions focussed on guitar, bass, drums, keys and vocals
- Small group jams to explore composition, collaboration and performance
- Individual workshops to focus on improving skills on specific instruments
- Regular performance opportunities and a huge end of term show at Future Yard!
- PLUS An introduction to sound and lighting mixing desks for those who want to try something new
The next term starts on 23rd September 2023
This term of NNMC takes place between 23 September and 9 December 2023, with a break on 21 and 28 October for half term.
11-13 year-olds sessions run on Saturday afternoons during term time, 9.30am-11.30am. This is ongoing until they reach 14 and progress into the older age bracket.
14-16 year-olds sessions run on Saturday mornings during term time, 12.00pm-2.30pm. This is a structured programme that runs for two terms, ending at Easter.
There is a fee for New Noise places, with a number of bursaries available. There are limited spaces available in both age brackets. Email email@example.com or visit: https://futureyard.org/new-noise-music-centre/
Image: Future Yard