Don’t miss your chance to become a fully-fledged Junior Wetland Ranger at Martin Mere Wetland Centre this August and bring your family to help us with our daily mission to save wetland nature.
Surprising wildlife encounters are guaranteed, unique experiences aplenty, and memorable adventures assure that the summer is not over yet.
You can set off for a full day of discovery and adventure and learn how to care for and protect the wetlands with a wide variety of exciting wetland ranger activities including:
- Flamingo health checks – find out from our team how we keep our flamingos safe and healthy and have a go at things like; examining, weighing, measuring, and x-raying a flamingo.
- Pond exploring – what fascinating underwater creatures will you uncover in our ponds? See how many different species you can identify.
- Bird ringing – discover what leg rings are and why they’re important. Have a go at things like; how to measure, weigh and ring a bird.
- Arts & crafts – Make a weather station, design a magnifying glass, or grow your own wildflower seed in the craft room between 1pm and 4pm.
- Canoe & boat safaris – paddle through beautiful waterways and come face to face with kingfishers, water voles, dragonflies and other wetland wonders
- Wild walk – discover amazing mini-beasts at one of the world’s largest bug hotels and around our wetland.
Albie and Rory have already got stuck in completing ranger activities and collected their ranger badge. They said, “The whole day was amazing. The pond dipping was our favourite part. We found a tadpole, newt and water scorpion. We really liked doing the x-ray with the flamingos.”