- This event has passed.
An Evening with Rob Parsons – The Wirral
29 November @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
From the boy described as ‘making no use of what little ability he has,’ to an international best-selling author and speaker, Rob Parsons has a lifetime’s experience of overcoming obstacles.
He recalls the time when his father told him, ‘People like us don’t become lawyers,’ and the teacher who said even his best wasn’t good enough.
Yet with the help of the people who believed he could be more, he learnt how to grow through the challenges of life.
Join Rob on a journey through the decades as he reflects on a life mixed with laughter and tears, and draws on vivid stories from childhood, right through to the present day.
He’ll tap into a wealth of experience to help us make the best of our circumstances, gifts, opportunities – and perhaps most of all – our relationships.
In An Evening with Rob Parsons, we invite you to pull up a chair and settle in for a poignant night of storytelling that will reawaken your purpose and stay with you long after you head home.
You’ll hear about:
- Escaping from imposter syndrome
- Finding hope beyond shattered dreams
- Avoiding the labels others put on you
- Enduring the hard times you just can’t fix
- Why tomorrow doesn’t have to be like yesterday
Is it for you?
Whether you’re sixteen and leaving school or sixty-five and heading for retirement, this event is for everyone! From relationships to work, study to homelife, and finances to mental wellbeing, Rob has learnt many lessons from life that will help you whatever stage you’re at.
- Early bird tickets are £6 (up to and including 25 October).
- Standard tickets are £11.
- Groups tickets are £8 each (for groups of 3 or more).
- We never want money to stop anyone from accessing our events. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to offer some complimentary tickets. If this would enable you to attend, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d love to help.
- The event will start at 7.30pm and finish at 10.00pm.
- Doors open at 7.00pm.
- Bookings are made through Eventbrite.
- Alternatively, feel free to call us on 029 2081 0800 and the team would be glad to help you with your booking.
- Please note we do not have facilities to accommodate babies and young children at this event.
- We are very aware of the risks around COVID-19 and will always seek to comply with the latest legislation and guidance. You can read our full policy here.
Venue and transport info:
- By Car: Excellent on-site parking for more than 50 cars but there is also limited street parking available.
- By Bus: Victoria Fields is a short walk away from the church.
- By train: Birkenhead Central train station is 17 minute walk away from the church.