The Christmas lights in Ellesmere Port will be switched on from Civic Square on Thursday 1 December.
The activities include 100 local school children taking part in a Lantern Parade, music from The Boat Band and a return visit by the giant Queen of Light puppet, stag, unicorn, Jack Frost and angel.
There will be free children’s rides, food and drink plus of course Father Christmas. Activities start on the Civic Square from 4pm until 6.30pm.
This year the star decorating the Christmas tree has been produced by Ellesmere Port C of E College.
Ellesmere Port Market would like to run a grotto at weekends in December, but they are searching for a Santa.
Santa will be required on Saturdays in December (10, 17 and 24 December). A Santa costume will be provided. If you fit the bill, contact the Ellesmere Port market office for further detail Tel: 0151 357 4067
It’s turning festive across the borough with Christmas events including,
Thursday 24 November
- Chester’s Twelve Days of Christmas ParadeFriday 25 November
- Winsford Christmas Lights Switch On
- Garden Quarter Christmas Light Night
- Hartford Christmas Lights Switch On
Saturday 26 November
- Frodsham Christmas Festival
- Northwich Christmas Lights Switch On
- Neston Christmas Lights Switch On
Sunday 27 November
- Malpas Christmas MarketWednesday 30 November
- Chester Lantern ParadeThursday 1 December
- Ellesmere Port Christmas Lights Switch On Friday 2 December
- Willaston Village Christmas Lights Switch On Saturday 3 December
- Ho Ho Helsby
- Tarvin Christmas Market
- Hartford Christmas Fayre
- Davenham Christmas Market and Tree Lighting
Sunday 4 December
- Chester Santa Dash
Why not follow birkenhead.news on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter? You can also send story ideas to email@example.com