Over the festive period, there will be some changes to grey, green, and brown bin collections.
For households who usually have their green and grey bins collected on Mondays and Tuesdays, the collection day changes will be as follows:
- Monday 25 December – collection now on Saturday 23 December
- Tuesday 26 December – collection now on Sunday 24 December
- Monday 1 January – collection now on Saturday 30 December
Please put your bin out by 7am as bins could be emptied earlier than normal.
In addition to this, subscribers to the garden waste collection service will not have brown bin collections from Saturday, 23 December until 16 January 2024. This is for the annual garden waste shutdown period where the service temporarily stops.
For more information on bins or to download your bin collection calendar, visit wirral.gov.uk/recycling
Check out these top tips for reducing your waste this Christmas:
- Opt for plastic free wrapping paper. Not all wrapping paper is recyclable. Wrapping paper often contains plastic film or glitter which means it is rejected by recycling plants. Plastic free wrapping paper can be recycled in the grey bin
- While you’re picking up supplies for Christmas, opt for loose items instead of those packed in plastic packaging or take your own reusable fruit and veg bags
- Be sure to flatten any boxes to save space for all other items that may need to go in your recycling bin