Detectives have charged a man with drug offences following the discovery of a cannabis farm in Wavertree yesterday, Tuesday 4 April.
At around 9.20am, a warrant was carried out at a house in Taunton Street, Wavertree. Around 175 plants were seized from across four rooms, as well as equipment.
A man was detained inside and the location was made safe.
19-year-old Kurti Endri of Aberdeen Street, Birkenhead has now been charged with production of cannabis.
Kurti will appear at Wirral Adult Remand Court this morning, Wednesday 5 May.
If you suspect that cannabis is being grown where you are, you can watch a video in which Matt Brown, head of our Cannabis Dismantling Team (CDT), explains some of the signs: https://youtu.be/rc59i2dsZHM
Some of these signs are:
• Strange smells and sounds
• Frequent and varied visitors to a property, often at unusual times
• Gardening equipment being taken into a property, such as plant pots, fertiliser, fans and industrial lighting
• Windows are sealed and covered or the curtains are permanently closed
• Heat from an adjoining property
• Birds gathering on a roof in cold weather
• Individually these activities may seem commonplace, however, together may indicate something more suspicious
If you have any information about suspected drug production in your area, please contact @MerPolCC, 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Always call 999 if a crime is in progress.